We are grateful for our lovely followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Google Website Translator Gadget

Monday 30 May 2011

Challenge 47 - Love the lasting kind

Good Afternoon, sorry I'm a bit late!  Thank You for your entries to our embossing challenge, you sure do love that technique either wet or dry!  Winners will be announced n a couple of weeks, sorry if you haven't had a visit yet as several members of the team are still struggling to log into blogger!

Our challenge for you today has been set by Benita and she has chosen the theme "Love the lasting kind"  She would like to see you create something for someone/something you love and why.  There's a lot of teens leaving school and uni this month so a great time to show you care!


We are sponsored for this challenge by The Stampman who are offering a £10 voucher to use in their store, it has a huge amount of crafty items from ribbons to papers to paints and messy things!  Please do pop over as its an aladdins cave for the crafter at great prices!

Over to the girls and what they've created for this challenge!


This week Benita has set us a challenge to make a card to show someone we love and why well I decided to do one of my daughter Amy and the sentiment is just because the reason being with all my problems lately she has made me realise that I am worthwhile and loved dearly so this is why I did this card

                                                                              Caz


                          
Thanks Benita for the lovely challenge of Love, who and why. I chose my grandchildren, well 5 of them,  the 6th was having an afternoon nap.  “My Family Make My Heart Sing”.
The background paper is from Tim Holtz Vintage Shabby Paper Stash.  I stamped two of the words, added Scrabble tiles and used die cut letters.  The heart is a stamp from Papermania, to which I added some glitter.  This is the first time I have used a photo to make a card, I am pleased with the final outcome.

This was a wee challenge for me, only trying to decide who I should be making a wee card for! In the end I picked my Brother! I miss him so much especially just now, with him doing "secret stuff" with the Navy and Special Forces! So I decided to make a wee card using the picture of us before he gave me away! The papers are from my new First Edition Stack, Martha Stewart Butterfly punch and a wee Sibling Quote I found online.

Josephine


And under the flap ...

This was a hard challenge for me, partly because I don't do 'overly sentimental' things. And anyone who knows me well would be worried if I suddenly did a card like that! I also don't put photographs of my family onto public sites like blogger. (Or even use names, so it's has been brushed out of the photos.) Instead, I went for a bit of  humour. My daughter is our youngest, and she's in the midst of AS levels at the moment. She's clever, but she's found it difficult this year, and she's been working hard. So, I wanted to do something to mark the end of the exams, while reminding her that she's only half way there! I think she'll find it funny - she's definitely got a good sense of humour, and she's someone who loves to mark occasions with a card or other creation. 

The two digi stamps are coloured with Promarkers, and the piles of books are permission free images that I've added titles to in Photoshop Elements!

Unlike Josephine above me, I am a sentimental old softy. I made this for my Daughter to show her how I see her, which is with beauty radiating from within, as the sentiment says. She has been my rock, my joy and my laughter, since the day she was born when I looked into her little pinched up face and my heart was lost forever. Of course there were moments as she grew that were frustrating, but on the whole she has been a person to be proud of. One whom friends can call on and know she will be there, one who sticks up for what is right no matter what the cost to herself and one who has shown me more love than I could ever wish for. She has filled my heart with love and my life with delight and wonderment and has become my absolute best friend. Sweetheart I love you.



8 comments:

  1. What a really lovely challenge, and so nice to see the DT samples, very special to see who you love and why. I'd love to enter this challenge if I have the energy. CoB

    ReplyDelete
  2. The projects by your DT are really great! Thanks for your challenge. Hugs, dj1952

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry, I thought I had left a comment when I entered my first card (#19), but I must have forgotten. Here's another card I did for your great challenge. Your projects by the DT are fantastic. Hugs, dj1952

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi guys,
    I just read Josephine's comment on my card and see that I wasn't paying close enough attention when I linked up to your challenge. I had thought of someone's marriage as being a sign of lasting love but didn't realize you wanted it to be of a personal, to me that is, nature. Please feel free to remove my card from the challenge. I understand that it doesn't meet your theme and won't take offense.
    I'll pay more attention and see you for future challenges.
    Chris V - easily amused (entry #12)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the wonderful inspiration and great challenge
    Teresa xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, sorry that I didn't read the instructions clearly, thanks for reminding me that you only take cards that connect to 9 other challenges. I'll try to remember for future challenges. Sincerely, DJ (Card #26)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thought I'd linked my card on Tuesday - just looked an saw it wasn't there!! Hope I've managed to upload now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful collection of creations for the DT. Thanks for the fun challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for joining in our challenges and leaving lovely comments.